(c)Tero Virta, 1995-2009

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Moon subject revisited

Now that I uploaded Sebu's photos I remembered seeing Dean Moon's front-engined dragster in cover of my old stashed Hot Rod-magazines.

As a reminder of coming middle-aged; I've had that issue close to 20 years.

There used to be two second-hand bookshop in Vallila having good stock of old car magazines. The shop owner of the other (cannot remember the name now) spent lot of time in States and in one of his trips he had bought a van or pickup truck to be imported to Finland plus visited several garage sales of private persons collecting all the old car magazines they had. On top of that he started to import new magazines, I think there I became familiar with Hot VWs first time, naturally passed those issues while browsing Hot Rods :)

Among the new magazines were Hemmings Motor News to which I became quite hooked as around the same time some semi-professional wheeler-dealers started to import vintage cars due to the local "25 year rule". So there I was saving money and thinking about what car I would import.. While thinking about cars and continuing studies I focused on old magazines and memorabilia. As this was late 80's / early 90's few years before I got online, 10 years before eBay etc, the only option was to send cash in letter along with a wishlist. I received dozens of parcels and never got screwed, something I cannot trust anymore :)




Moon advertisement from the same magazine.

No comments: