(c)Tero Virta, 1995-2009

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

BMW Welt & Museum

BMW Welt and the Museum were sort of last thing to cross on "my list" to visit among the "major German car brands factory" museums (well, I don't include Opel to that list :)


Seeing that late 70's/early 80's 3-series reminded me about my teenage years as that was one of the desirable first cars back then when it was one generation older than a new one.




The Lotus-BMW Formula 2 engine




Focke Wulf FW 190 engine.


Omistettu Lohjan tähtimoottori-harrastajalle :)


I guess the "please don't touch" texts should be translated to Italian too?


The 2002 and Isetta displays were really beautifully done.








While all of the factories have service to pick up your new car I had never actually witnessed that happening. Some other visitors gave even a standing ovation to new car owners. Okay, I can understand that if you're buying something special like Porsche or higher end BMW or Mercedes but there were several "start of the price sheet" 4-bangers..

No comments: